Saturday, July 26, 2008

Quilting Retreat!!

I just got back from a wonderful two day quilting retreat in Bountiful with a group of wacky women!! I worked on a quilt I've worked on here and there for the past five years. I didn't get it done, but I reached my goal I set for the weekend which was to finish the 'large blocks'. I can't tell you what the project is because it is a surprise! Marta and I shared sewing space and a room to crash in when we finally collapsed! I drank a lot of Diet Coke, ate a bunch of chocolate, laughed till it hurt and hardly slept. What a GREAT weekend!


I found out at the reatreat that a friend, Valerie Burton, has her own website featuring her own line of patterns which includes a quilt pattern named"J Bird Street" that Moda, the most commonly used fabric manufacturers asked her to create. The pattern is to promote a new line of fabric called Basic Grey, Urban Couture by Rachael Brenchley. Valerie has recently been interviewed by Annie Smith of quilting podcast fame. The podcast can be heard here! Congratulations Valerie on your fame!

No comments: